Major Caltech Library service disruptions this weekend (Dec. 14-17, 2018) due to power interruptions
Important notice from the Caltech Library! Campus-wide library services will be affected by scheduled campus electrical maintenance this weekend, Dec. 14-17, 2018.
Several highly-used electronic services at all the branches will be unavailable starting at 4 pm on Friday 12/14. The Sherman Fairchild Library will be open on Saturday 12/15, but fully closed on Sunday 12/16. The power interruption may continue into early Monday 12/17.
Sherman Fairchild will be OPEN Saturday 12/15:
- Building access will be card-access limited as usual for weekends.
- Patrons will need to bring their own laptops as workstations will be unavailable.
- Campus WiFi will be available.
The following services will be UNAVAILABLE beginning at 4 pm Friday 12/14:
- Off-campus access to Library electronic resources through the Library Proxy and CaltechConnect. If you need off-campus access to resources, please use VPN (Tunnel All).
- ALL computer workstations in ALL Library branches and locations
- ALL printing from printers in ALL Library branches and locations
- ALL TechLab facilities
- Caltech CODA (CaltechAUTHORS, CaltechTHESIS, CaltechCampusPubs… see https://libguides.caltech.edu/CODA for full list)
- Caltech Archives (http://archives.caltech.edu/)
- There may be other Library-server-hosted services that will be unavailable.
What should NOT be affected: